Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Photoblogging


DSC02266 - Marco singen 3
Originally uploaded by talimusak.
When you feel that you've run out of things to say. Show!

I asked Carlo yesterday about how I can post pictures on my blog and he directed me to "flickr." Galeng. Nga lang may MONTHLY limit. And so I was trying to upload the 100+ pics in my iPhoto library but no, I hit the limit. Oh well.

Anyway, I've decided to start a blog mini-series of pictures that were taken by ME. I may not be a professional photographer but I've been told that I have good visual aesthetic sense. And I do have some pictures worth sharing.

For this series I'm going to post pictures of FRIENDS. Aww. No but seriously, I think the most difficult pictures to take are pictures of people since you're really trying to capture their ESSENCE. I've been browsing through my collection and I've noticed that my friends are, well, ESSENTIALLY GOOD. Haha. I have such colorful, fun, inspiring, naughty, unforgettable friends.

So here is my first installment. It's entitled "Marco singst."

Marco is a friend of mine from Berklee. He is not with us anymore. He's not dead though. He HAS, however, gone back to Germany and is trying his luck as, well, a singer. The pic was taken during my "BenettonBarkada's" first night out. It was the night before Halloween and we'd just come from a pub and were quite drunk. We went to this piano bar where this Nova-Villaesque woman was singing show tunes. So yeah to make a long story short, we ganged up on Marco trying to convince him to sing too. He obliged and went up the stage. At first he looked really nervous but when he started singing, everything fell into place. And by the end of his "Blame It on My Youth," everyone was mesmerized. And this is why I know Marco will make it in Germany, Berklee degree or no Berklee degree.

*palakpak*

3 Comments:

Blogger tea_n_sympathy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:39 AM

 
Blogger tea_n_sympathy said...

i do remember you taking pictures around the katipunan area during your UP film days (retro!)...i must say your work then was interesting and perhaps all the more so now that you've got a completely new environment to capture. =)

musta na? lam mo umiyak si joy nang mamatay yung tuta namin =(

7:41 AM

 
Blogger GP Eleria said...

Hi Christine! Siyempre dito pa tayo nagkita. Makakatulong nang malaki actually kung merun akong camera ano? As in yan ang mga pics na kinukuha ko for other people sa kanila camera. Anyway, sorry to hear aobut the tuta, kahit na ngayon ko lang nalaman na may tuta pala kayo. Pero lagi namang malungkot ang mga pangyayaring ganyan. UP FILM jusku. Wala nga naniniwala sakin dito na ganun na ako katagal sa college. Oh well. Mukhang FINALLY makakalampas na ako sa FRESHMAN status. YES!

11:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home