Sunday, February 20, 2005

Feelin' Good

Woke up to a typical day today: an hour ahead of when I really should wake up --- enough time for me to shake the sleepiness off my body. Did my daily rituals --- cooked food, took a bath, fixed my bed. Wait. Fixed my bed. I fixed my bed. At that point, I realized how radically my life has changed living here in Boston. Looking around my room, I see my new "lalagyan" ng clothes, something i bought on sale and assembled all by myself. Beside my computer table is my work desk. On it are neatly stacked folders, each labelled according to which class I use it for and stacked according to which day I have them. Walking across the floor, I realized that I have such a CLEAN floor! This is because I have forbidden myself to wear anything sa paa BUT my bedroom slippers while I'm inside my room (my for-everything-else slippers reside just outside the doorway).

I then had to go to a Christmas Party. Yep, a Christmas Party at the tail end of February. The Iskwelahang Pilipino Carollers had been too busy over the holidays that we weren't able to find time to get together and actually CELEBRATE Christmas with each other. We had a fun time. They brought gifts for each other, me and the kiddies watched the latest episode of American Idol on my Powerbook, Francis and Michelle (newly married couple) arrived and raved to me about 92 AD being so galeng (sang for their wedding), we ate, ate, ate , ate. I didn't bring any gift to the party. I did bring CDs of Michael Buble though. Umorder si Tita Louise and Tita Dolly sakin nung December pa. Siyempre di ko pinakawalan yung bagong CD ni Buble without copying it first sa computer ko.

After the party I went home, where Felician, my roommate was packing his stuff. He'd just decided that he wanted to spend the weekend in New York. So he booked bus tickets, found a cheap hostel where he would stay and, well, left. I played Sinatra's "New York, New York" as he was leaving while he called me "crazy."

Went back to my computer to chat with people, mangumusta sa Pinas. Also played the newly "imported" (ITunes does not call it RIPPING) tracks from the new Buble CD. One particular track, caught my attention because it could have been the soundtrack of my whole day, in fact my whole life nowadays. And right now, I'm definitely feelin' good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home