Saturday, August 21, 2004

Last Weekend

U.S. Visa arrived today, finalized my travel itinerary, about to start packing, finishing all harang related activities by today, taking time out to think about Ninoy and what has become of his daughter Kris.

It's odd that I still don't feel like I'm about to leave for good. Even the people here at home don't seem to be getting "senti." Not that I'm complaining. It's just I'd been expecting to have some sort of telenovelic episode, well, anytime now. Who knows, maybe mom will burst into the room crying and complaining about losing her baby boy. *Cringe*

I am "bedless" and happy. My considerably big bed has been taken from me. Dear, dear Katz and JP paid me a semi-surprise visit last night and semi-decided to sleep over. If only I can take them with me.

Tonight I will watch the Madz's homecoming Concert. They will be singing an arrangement of mine. It is a punctuation of sorts. Actually, I'm quite ecstatic. I have always been shameless about my groupie-ness when it comes to the Madz. There is just something about them and their music: audacious, true and by all means beautiful (hey those are three things!). The moment will be made more perfect by the presence of JP, who has come home for a brief respite from his own rest-of-his-life. He jokes that he mysteriously felt compelled to come home only to find out that he did so just in time to hear the Madz in concert. I believe him, actually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home