Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Overture

I have given in. I never thought I'd find myself writing my own blog but, alas, here I go.

The first thing you may want to know is "What's up with the title?" I blame Trina Belamide for that. A few weeks ago I was at Robin's place cramming for the Dr. Hofileña Tribute and we were busy with the "Anthology" CD design. Robin had just finished it and was asking us for our opinions. Trina said something that sounded like gibberish and then burst into laughter. Apparently she was trying to ask Robin kung "kasya siya sa short bond?" Problem was, she couldn't. She literally couldn't say the phrase. At which point (and being the curious Pinoys that we are) we (Aying, Robin and I) subjected ourselves to the self-deprecating motions of trying to say the phrase over and over. We couldn't. I've never witnessed Manay laugh so hard. That was the point when I realized how much endorphins laughter can produce. We trudged along and finished what we had to do. The tribute and the CD were big hits and we had a bagful of funny memories to take home with us.

So here we are: me writing this blog and you reading it. Strange. If you want to find out who Dr. Hofileña is and why he deserved a tribute, or if you wanna check up on me to see if I had new funny memories to write about then read along and welcome to my Blogworld. It is mine and I shall call it "Susan."


But first, you gotta say it with me.... "Kasya siya sa short bond?"

2 Comments:

Blogger anjeline said...

hihihihihi! welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! :) haha excited ako para sa yo. dagdag mo kami sa links mo: matrioshka.blogspot.com and japanofile.blogspot.com (si Ate).

7:40 AM

 
Blogger Mrs P said...

i was "bloghopping" then i saw your kakaibang title. curiously, i read your blogs and here i am. ;-)

hehehe...d ko rin masabi.. "kasha sha sha short bond" =D

have a nice day!

9:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home