Friday, August 13, 2004

Friday the 13th

The Olympics start today. Yesterday people on CNN were talking about the "Olympic truce" or the "echeiria". It turns out that, because of this echeiria, 10,000 children were inoculated in a war zone during the 2000 Olympics. Now, let me get this straight: humanity HAS, in fact, an existing truce for PEACE that EVERYONE has been observing since 9 B.C.!? We just can't observe it for more than a few days. That's a load of crap, fellow humans. What, peace is too boring to do ALL THE TIME? Sheesh.

Hey, I just realized that today is going to be my last Friday the 13th in the Philippines (at least for the next couple of years). I reckon the coming days will bring forth many last things for me. I can't help but feel anxious about the rest-of-my-life that is about to happen. I feel like I'm on the edge of a ledge and, assured as I may be that there is something beautiful waiting after the fall (and that I'd survive the fall, for that matter), it just kinda sucks to have to be the one to let go. Can't someone just push me over?

Edge of a ledge. Catchy.

LISTENING TO:
"The Prayer (arr. Robert Delgado)" - rare recording of the Ateneo College Glee Club and the Philippine Madrigal Singers singing together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home